I was on a bit of a eggplant kick this summer, made all sorts of salads with grilled eggplant, and only posted one. Not that I post everything we eat here, quite the opposite. You see, to get a good photograph of food, it takes a little bit of time, some fussing with the light, moving the food this way, and that way, and then some.
This Tomato Feta Eggplant Salad didn’t make even the short list, even though it was fabulous. Why? I forgot to drizzle the Lemon Vinaigrette over the top before taking the picture. And now you are looking at the picture and thinking “it looks great, you obsess” Perhaps…..
In my defense, we had guests for dinner, and taking a picture of the food , while they patiently wait for dinner, is not my best Hostess behavior, even when they are some of our closest friends.
Today, with the return of seemingly endless summer weather, although it is technically fall, I decided what the heck, it’s a great salad, and I should share it with you. I know you won’t forget the vinaigrette.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Handful of chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 olive oil
- Slice eggplant and place in colander, sprinkle with salt, let sit 5 mins.
- Toss with olive oil and place on bbq and grill over med-high heat until soft and slightly charred. Aprox. 10-15 mins.
- In the meantime chop up tomatoes and onions, place in medium size bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place grilled eggplant on platter, scatter tomatoes and onions on top.
- Add crumbled feta and herbs, then drizzle with vinaigrette.